While best known for its four incredible theme parks and two fun-filled water parks, Walt Disney World Resort is also home to a amazing array of other entertainment, nightlife and dining.
When it comes to Disney dining, one need look no further than the Downtown Disney entertainment district which also includes Pleasure Island and Downtown Disney West Side.
Whether you are looking for a quick and easy meal, a themed restaurant to entertain the kids, or an elegant fine dining experience, you’ll find something to fit your needs among the many Downtown Disney restaurants and eateries.
One of the most popular of the Downtown Disney restaurants is the iconic Fulton’s Crab House, located inside an authentic riverboat replica docked on the Downtown Disney lakefront.
Fulton’s offers an extensive array of fresh seafood, flown in daily from ports worldwide. Choose from more than 50 fresh seafood selections, including Alaskan crab legs, snow crab, Florida Grouper and Australian lobster tail. You’ll also find a wide variety of non-seafood delicacies such as filet mignon, the Fulton’s Steakhouse Burger, and a delightful children’s menu. You can also select from more than 2,000 bottles of wine.
Another favorite full-service Downtown Disney restaurant is Paradiso 37. This waterfront restaurant offers a unique culinary tour of the Americas – North, South and Central America. There’s also an international wine bar and a unique tequila tower bar that dispenses 37 varieties of tequila and a selection of thirst quenching signature frozen margaritas. At sundown, the tequila bar lights up and you’ll find live entertainment. Paradiso 37 features everything from corn dogs and a bacon & pineapple burger to roasted salmon, fish tacos and Argentinean skirt steak.
Traditional American fare such as BBQ sandwiches, New York strip steak, spaghetti and burgers, can be found at Planet Hollywood. You’ll also find three levels filled with movie memorabilia and props from Hollywood movies and television shows. Like all Planet Hollywood restaurants worldwide, you’ll also have an opportunity to shop in the Planet Hollywood store offering logo merchandise and movie-themed souvenirs.
Another treat among Downtown Disney restaurants is Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant. This traditional Irish pub serves authentic Irish food such as creamy colcannon soup, beef stew and Shepherd’s pie, plus fresh salads, unique appetizers, and sharing platters. If you’re in a hurry, Raglan Road also offers a quick service venue – Cookes of Dublin, featuring pies, fish ‘n’ chips and other items.
Additional Downtown Disney Restaurants
- Bodie’s All-American – Features family favorites such as all-natural burgers, all-beef hot dogs, Italian chicken sausage, falafel burgers and salads.
- Bongos Cuban Café – Founded by Cuban music superstar Gloria Estefan, Bongos is a colorful and lively restaurant based on a 1950s style Havana nightclub.
- Cap’n Jack’s Restaurant – Another popular waterfront setting, Cap’n Jack’s features seafood, American cuisine and a panoramic vista.
- Earl of Sandwich – Enjoy one of 13 hot sandwiches, choose from freshly tossed salads and wraps or enjoy baked goods, desserts, soups and more.
- House of Blues Restaurant – Home of some of the best live music in Central Florida, HOB also offers up a delicious menu of Southern cuisine.
- Pollo Campero – A quick-serve restaurant featuring Latin chicken, exceptional side dishes like yucca fries and sweet plantains and mouth-watering Latin drinks.
- Portobello – A scenic waterfront eatery famous for its authentic flavors of Italy, including signature pizzas and delightful pasta dishes.
- Rainforest Café – a jungle-themed restaurant, features animated animals, live parrots, tropical fish and American fare like pasta, burgers and chicken.
- T-REX – A dinosaur-themed family destination offering children’s favorites in a restaurant filled with life-size animated dinosaurs and prehistoric creatures.
- Wolfgang Puck – The Café offers a menu fused with Asian and California cuisine while a second story dining room offers a view of Lake Buena Vista.